Wednesday, November 21, 2012

As I reflect on the Hank Williams book I just read, I've been thinking about my own life. The Waylon Jennings song "Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way" keeps playing in my head. Those of you who've read my books know how close I came to entering music as my profession.

I'm lucky I didn't.

I have a strong premonition that I would've ended up much like Hank. I have many of the same demons. Where we got them, only God knows. I've always felt the same things Hank did, though. I listened to Hank Williams as I fell asleep as a kindergartener. I know what he felt when he wrote those songs. I wouldn't have made it.

I think Uncle Sam saved me from his fate.

Just thoughts running through my head as I reflect on the biography I just read. I'm sure Hank done it that way. I'm also lucky I didn't or I wouldn't have survived my twenties.

No comments:

Post a Comment