Friday, July 29, 2011

Review of "Call Sign: Wrecking Crew (Storm Warning)

"Call Sign: Wrecking Crew (Storm Warning)" by David McKoy and Lynn Halbrooks is quite entertaining. There is a lot going on in this book! It has adventure, action, suspense, intrigue, and even romance! I enjoyed reading it thoroughly. It's a quick moving book that held my interest from prologue to epilogue. It strikes me as an alternate future much like the alternate histories that have been written. The style is much like the writings of Dick Marcinko (who is acknowledged as an influence). I think it does justice to that type of hard-hitting action adventure.

There is a lot of military jargon in the book that could lose some readers. If you find something you don't understand, skip to the back of the book where you'll find an extensive glossary. The book is written from a distinctly conservative viewpoint that I personally enjoyed. If you don't share that viewpoint, you might look elsewhere. If you do, I think you will find the book entertaining. It's a fun book with a lot of layers. I look forward to more works by these authors.
Call Sign: Wrecking Crew (Storm Warning) by David McKoy and Lynn Halbrooks

No comments:

Post a Comment