Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Review of "No Justice (A Michael Sykora Novel)" by Darcia Helle

Wow! I just finished "No Justice", and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Darcia Helle is a fabulous writer. The pace of the book is quick. The scenes and characters are well developed. The dialogue is realistic. This is an excellent book.

I enjoyed the Michael Sykora character very much. He seems quite likeable for a hit man! I've always been a fan of vigilante type stories, so this one was right up my alley. Darcia has pulled off the difficult feat of getting the audience to root for a lead character who is a murderer. There is an undercurrent of romance throughout the book, and there are also some surprisingly funny comments and scenes. "No Justice" has many different threads that are weaved together quite nicely in this page-turner. I can't say enough good things about this book. I mainly read non-fiction, but I enjoyed this novel a lot. I look forward to reading more of Darcia's work. She's a very good writer. I was enjoying the book so much that I had to stop reading parts of it to my wife as I read it so I wouldn't spoil it for her! I wouldn't hesitate to buy this book again.

No comments:

Post a Comment