Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Review of Guitar Aerobics: A 52-Week, One-lick-per-day Workout Program for Developing, Improving and Maintaining Guitar Technique by Troy Nelson

I've been playing guitar since the early 1980s as a hobbiest and songwriter. I'm a decent rhythm guitarist, but I never quite understood how to improvise on lead, and my dexterity wasn't good enough. I could accompany myself singing but was never what I'd call "good" on guitar. I bought this book to improve my skills as a lead guitarist. I've only been using it for a few weeks, and it is tremendous!

I've worked through the first few weeks of lessons, and my skills already show a marked improvement. My wife has even commented that she can tell a difference. I started at lesson one although a better guitarist could probably skip ahead. I love how the lessons are structured and build on each other. So far, each one gets easier to master because it's a variation of the previous week. It's great, and I am actually seeing improvement in my skills. It's amazing to see the transformation from beginning to end each week. I'm working the program step-by-step and it works.

I can't say enough good things about this program. It has made me a better guitarist. By the end of the book, I think I'll be able to say I'm "good" on guitar. Thanks!

Guitar Aerobics: A 52-Week, One-lick-per-day Workout Program for Developing, Improving and Maintaining Guitar Technique

No comments:

Post a Comment