Monday, June 11, 2012

Review of "Games Criminals Play: How You Can Profit From Them" by Bud Allen

I was just discussing this book and it struck me that I'd never reviewed it. There probably isn't a whole lot I can add to what's been said about this book except to say this: I've worked in federal prisons for thirteen years. I was a correctional officer and now am a teacher. Like others have stated, this is required reading in the Federal Bureau of Prisons. Prior to the BOP, I worked in two state prisons and two state juvenile facilities. My dad was a county jailer. I've been in or around corrections my entire life.

There is no better resource for new correctional staff (in any capacity including volunteers) than this book.

Almost nobody gets into corrections to be a dirty staff. Most of us hate dirty staff. Most who do get compromised started out with noble ideals. They didn't want to break the law and endanger other staff, inmates, or society. We want to help society. Most of us just want to support our families and keep the bad people off the streets. Some days, we just want to get home alive. It's an honorable profession with almost no thanks. This book will help you stick to those honorable ideals you entered with. I recommend it highly whether you work in a prison, volunteer in a prison, work in any other institutional environment, or just know someone who does. It's filled with valuable information that could save your life or your job.

Games Criminals Play

No comments:

Post a Comment