Thursday, June 28, 2012

Review of "The Jockey's Justice" by Michael Phelps

I previously read "The Execution of Justice" and enjoyed it a lot. I was really looking forward to the followup novel by Michael Phelps, "The Jockey's Justice". I was not disappointed at all. This was a great read for my vacation. This book picks up the story of former homicide detective, Mike Walsh, after his move to Florida to begin his new life. Having moved on from police work, Walsh is now an investigator for a defense attorney working on the other side of the criminal justice system. It's a fascinating transition.

This book carries us through a thrill ride from Miami to the racetracks of Kentucky. Like Mr. Phelps's other novel, it includes a lot of small details that lend an authenticity that can only be gained by living. The story contains a lot of action and moves at a quick pace. I enjoyed the banter in the dialogue. It kept me entertained all the way to the final page.

Mr. Phelps clearly writes from a lot of life experience. I enjoyed this book and look forward to more installments in The Mike Walsh Detective Novels.

The Jockey's Justice

No comments:

Post a Comment